Who is still drinking coffee? Ok...Like everyone. I want to share with you some awesome reasons why you should kick your coffee addiction to the side and introduce yourself the Matcha experience.
Matcha, a powdered green tea used in the Japanese tea ceremony, is known to have greater potential health benefits compared to coffee. It is rich in flavonoids and catechins. The catechins are the special ingredients within the tea that gives it the health benefits. There are 4 types of catechins: Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), Epigallocatechin (EGC), Epicatechin-3-gallate (ECG), Epicatechin (EC), with EGCG being the most active and abundant.
Top 5 Reasons to Make the Switch
1. Linked to Weight Loss: A study from the Journal of Chromotography A revealed that a daily consumption of tea for 12 weeks reduced body fat. Matcha could potentially be useful in the prevention of obesity.
2. Healthy heart: Experimental studies have shown that consumption of catechins in Matcha have shown protective effects on the heart such as anti-inflammatory effects, antioxidant properties, anti-thrombotic and anti-platelet effects, improvement in lipids, and endothelial function. We only have one heart, so let's protect it and keep it healthy as much as we can.
3. Cancer prevention: As we all know there is no cure for cancer, but why not prevent it? Many of the potential beneficial effects of tea have been attributed to the strong antioxidant activity of tea polyphenols.
4. Reduces with anxiety: Tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid that relaxes the mind by increasing alpha wave frequency in the brain. Before you grab that bottle of Xanax, try this all-natural anxiolytic.
5. Longevity: A study looked at the association between green tea consumption and mortality and found that drinking green tea reduced death to all causes except cancer. Death is inevitable. However, if we can be around long enough for special moments with our children, grandchildren, and possibly great grandchildren, what a blessing that would be.
Take Home Message:
Matcha is loaded with many nutritious benefits. Are you ready to make the switch?
Start your morning with this Matcha Green Tea Latte anti-oxidant booster that will have you ready to conquer the day!
A Ridiculously Easy Matcha Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) of your choice
- Agave sugar
How To Prepare
- Warm the milk in a small pot.
- Place 1 teaspoon sifted matcha powder into the heatproof mug.
- Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup boiling water then milk until it is a smooth green paste to prevent lumps.
- Sweeten with agave syrup.